Funnily enough it was just the font missing the characters. What was
driving me crazy is that Flash IDE when putting the textfield in the
field was generously embedding another font to render the missing
characters. So the textfield created in the IDE was magically
embedding two fonts and was able to render all the characters.

Cheers, chr

2009/3/20 Peter Farland <pfarl...@adobe.com>:
> Hey Christian,
>
> Make sure there are no null chars 0x00 in the String as the display of such
> Strings are truncated at the first null char.
>
> What version of Flex are you using?
>
> Are you using an @font-face to embed your font? If so, can you post a snippet
> showing the complete @font-face rule?
>
> Can you provide the <fonts><managers> section of your Flex SDK
> /frameworks/flex-config.xml?
>
> Also, you could try adding -Dtrace.font as JVM args to get the compiler to
> print out more debug information about embedding fonts while compiling. If
> you're using mxmlc.exe, you can add these to the java.args property in the
> /bin/jvm.config file of your Flex SDK.
>
> Pete

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional