You should learn the technology that lets you do what you want to do.  Is
there something that you want to build or create?  Do you want to make a
pretty, fancy web site? Do you want to build production shop floor machine
controllers? Why do you want to learn programming?

If you just want to start somewhere, then I think Action Script is as good
language to start with as any.  Still I suggest starting off with something
to make.  Maybe a recipe program for your wife, or a birthday reminder
program for you or a car maintenance tracker, or . whatever.  I have never
liked doing tutorials myself, I would rather struggle to make something of
my own, but that is just me.

"I am not understanding all the examples."  I  think this is in part because
you don't *have* to.  Not understanding is ok if you don't have a goal.  If
the example explains something you need to do, you will study it, and others
like it, until you do understand.

Reading about programming is like reading about music or chess or skiing or
sex.  Just start doing it.

Tracy Spratt,

Lariat Services, development services available

  _____