Why is it inside a HBox container? Take it out of the HBox container and see if that helps.

On 23/03/2009, at 3:45 PM, Annette Spooner wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use constraint based layout to have a datagrid adjust in size as the browser window is resized. I have put together a simplified example below, but it is not working. When the application is first displayed, the datagrid does not stretch to fill the width or height of the window. When I resize the window to be smaller then the datagrid, the datagrid simply disappears off the edge. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks,

Annette

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";

                layout="absolute"

                horizontalAlign="left"

                horizontalScrollPolicy="off"

    creationComplete="initApp();">

                                <mx:Script>

                                                <![CDATA[

import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

import ascomponents.City;

private var cities:Array;

[Bindable] public var citiesView1: ArrayCollection;

public function initApp():void

                                                                {

cities = new Array();

cities [0] = new City("Sydney", "NSW", "2000", "Australia");

cities [1] = new City("Melbourne", "VIC", "3000", "Australia");

cities [2] = new City("Brisbane", "QLD", "4000", "Australia");

citiesView1 = new ArrayCollection(cities);

                                                                }

                                                ]]>

                                </mx:Script>

                <mx:HBox>

<mx:DataGrid id="testdg1" dataProvider="{citiesView1}" editable="true" rowCount="5" width="100%" height="100%" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0">

                                                <mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" dataField="name" editable="false"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="State/Pcode" dataField="state" editable="true" />

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Country" dataField="country" editable="true"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" dataField="name" editable="false"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="State/Pcode" dataField="state" editable="true" />

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Country" dataField="country" editable="true"/>

                                                </mx:columns>

                                </mx:DataGrid>

                </mx:HBox>

</mx:Application>

package ascomponents

{

                                public class City

                                {

public var name: String;

public var state: String;

public var postcode:String;

public var country:String;

public function City(n:String, s:String, p:String, c:String)

                                                {

name = n;

state = s;

postcode = p;