I followed the instructions from here:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Targeting+Flash+Player+10

so I changed flex-config.xml. If I understand it correctly that should make all
my project compile for Flash Player 10. Which appeared to be working as
FileReference.save() now showed up in the autocomplete (=Flash Player 1-
feature).

Anyway, I added the "-target-player=10.0.0" to the additional commandline
parameters for both projects (first tried library project alone). Now I do not
get the RTE but the application freezes while showing the loading bar (RTE in
the background ??)