When you called SWFLoader.stopAndUnload(), did you compile your app with
"-target-player=10"? If you didn't then stopAndUnload() will fallback to
calling unload(). The reason is stopAndUnload() is a new api for Flash Player
10 and can't be called when you compile your app as a version 9 swf.

-Darrell