Hm, as you said in a later post, I'd suspect the xml file, or perhaps other
resources. I'm working on a fairly large project, some Java, a few graphics and
css, as well as 70+ modules of various sizes and our build time with a little
homegrown Maven plugin is coming in at under 8 minutes.
Please let us know if you find out what the issue is.
Good luck!
Mike