Runned into the same issue and we decided to write on the Flex Idle event
instead immediately, that should help you with animation and all taht to make a
smooth UE ...

________________________________
From: iiley <iiley.c...@gmail.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:30:59 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Why SharedObject.flush so slowly

Hi folks,

We are making a online game and want to store some little data to local
disk(although it is not very important data, but we don't hope it often be
lost), but we found that SharedObject. flush is so slowly, whatever we write
something, even a little String "test", it need almost 100ms, you know, 100ms
blocked for a game, is deadly for feeling.

Well, maybe you'll say just don't call flush, the asdoc says it will be
automatically written when GC or SWF is closed, but with my test, sadly it
doesn't work every time. So, maybe you faced similar issue like me before and
have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

--
iiley