Maybe running the Adobe Flash uninstaller (not the one in Add/Remove
Programs, but the downloadable one) beforehand would help?

I do that every time I deploy Flash, and its been working so far. Not
sure if users would lose their stored shared objects though.

2009/4/3 Rick Winscot <rick.wins...@zyche.com>:
> I ran across this two weeks ago on a single system... out of 76 machines and
> posted here as well to see if anyone else was experiencing any esplosions.
>
> Long story short – I ended up finding some wonky behavior in the JavaScript
> used for Flash version detection on just that machine. Go figure. So... I
> swapped out the HTML wrapper (generated in Flex from the default
> index.template.html w/express install) with SWFObject... BOOM BABY! Problemo
> solved.
>
> For those naysayers on the list that called me ‘crazy,’ ‘stoopid,’ ‘noob,’
> and ‘utterly delicious.’ SEE! I’m not the only one! There are two of us...
> in like... a couple million installs.
>
> <awkward silence – shuffles feet>
>
> Rick Winscot
>

> On 4/2/09 3:28 PM, "Cato Paus" <ca...@brannsikring.no> wrote:
>

> There was no error, just a silent error. And when I went back to the page
> that requires the last version of flash player I get up again to installed
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ,
> Sam Lai <samuel....@...> wrote:
>>
>> This just sounds like the tech support calls I get from customers.
>> Given you're a developer, I expected better -
>>
>> What was the error message, how is it not installing?
>>
>> 2009/4/2 Cato Paus <ca...@...>:
>> > Hi all, this is veard, I have a clean install(Windows Vista Ultimate) on
>> > my laptop and IExploer do not want to install the flash player (ActiveX)
>> > !!!!! switching to FireFox, up yours MS!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: