I don't disagree. I have the same personal sentiment. I hate walling a major portion of our UI off just for the sake of iteration speed. I've tried backporting the Flex4 compiler items but they didn't really help. I also can't seem to find a magic bullet in regards to the compiler. I've patched it myself and our compilation time seems to be relative spread out between embedded assets, classes, etc.

Scott