Hey guys,

I followed this seemingly great article, and I've found that in the Crud.cfc
portion of the example (here specifically)...

1:<cfcomponent output="false">
2:      <cffunction name="getData" access="remote" returntype="Query">
3:              <cfset var local = {} />
                <cfquery name="local.q" datasource="mstest">
                        select          id, name, type
                        from            test
                </cfquery>
                <cfreturn local.q/>
        </cffunction>

...the 3rd line cfset var local = {} throws this error:
"Invalid token '{' found on line 3"

Is this a CF8 v CFMX702 thing? If so, what is the solution?

If I comment out the line and remove the 'local' prefix to the query name 'q',
the cfc runs fine, and a test.cfml that invokes the cfc works fine, but the swf
never gets data.  (I added crossdomain.xml with allow "*")

I'm thinking two things
1) the query result needs a collection wrapper for Flex to work?
And
2) that I might have a minor have endpoint and/or source description problem in
the mxml for the remote object because I'm a tad unclear which "root" is being
referred to web root, app root.

Thoughts/help?

Please and thank you.

Dov