From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
kreddington1
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:34 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Changing a modal popup to non-modal

Unfortunately, I am already using "this".  Here is a copy of the
code:

var addressPop:TitleWindow = TitleWindow(PopUpManager.createPopUp
(this, newAddress, true, initObj));

What happens is this:
The first window popsup, the user clicks on a link which pulls up a
second window.  The user can enter data in this second window and
have it returned to the first window.  This all works fine.  The
only problem I have is the tabbing.  When the user presses the tab
while the second window is up, the focus returns to the first
window, even though the second window is on top and is modal.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Mercer, Dustin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kim,

Just curious, when you are creating the popup, what are you using as
the
first param to the createPopUp method?  This is what defines the
parent
of the window being created.  If you are passing application or
_root,
you may run into some of these focusing issues.  Try passing "this"
as
the first parameter to the createPopUp method (this being the first
TitleWindow).  I.E.  createPopUp( this, MyPopUpWindow.mxml, true ).
am not sure if that is the exact syntax, but this should give you
enough
of an idea.

What this does is actually make the second TitleWindow a Modal
window of
the first TitleWindow, not a second modal window to the
application.  I
have also had this problem before and that seem to fix me.

  _____