In regards to the MediaDisplay and downloading all the media before
playing, one way is to do:
mediaDisplay.setMedia( "somemedia" );
mediaDisplay.stop();

Then there is a "start" event which fires when the MediaDisplay
thinks there is enough buffered to start playing.  If you want to
set your own buffer amount before start playing just use the
progress event and do something like this:

if( mediaDisplay.bytesLoaded > mediaDisplay.bytesTotal * 0.5 )
    mediaDisplay.play();

Renaun

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Cath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 2) You can create the MediaDisplay and set visible=false so it
doesn't show up until you want it. If it doesn't start buffering,
you should be able to kick-start it by calling load().

> 1) What do you mean by "load content"? You can download whatever
you want, whenever you want, from a remote object or web service.
You can load assets like images by creating them, but making them
invisible (like what I suggested above).