I have tried what you suggested already, but didn't have any luck as my
linechart has two lineseries and when you mouse over any area where the
lineseries cross you get two grey lines that connect the datatiptargets to the
datatip. So when you have empty or blank datatips the grey lines  point to
nothing.

I can't get the grey lines to go away so the blank/empty datatips don't work.

Thx