For a little more clarity, the CFC result handler in therMap would look
something like this:

<EventHandlers type="{ LoginEvent.LOGIN }" debug="true">
      <HTTPServiceInvoker instance="{ services.login }" request="{
event.userName }" >
           <resultHandlers>
                <MethodInvoker generator="{ UserManager }"
method="loginResult" arguments="{ resultObject }"/>
           </resultHandlers>
      </HTTPServiceInvoker>
</EventHandlers>

Sorry, I don't use CF but you get the picture.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <timh...@...> wrote:

> [...]
> thought I
> > was getting a handle on the whole Mate thing, and then I hit this
> problem
> > and realised I was much further away from understanding than I
> thought.
> >
> > So let me see if I understand how this works, based on the examples
> I've
> > seen:
> >
> > - I create a UserModel class which extends the InjectorTarget class.
> It has
> > all of the user-related variables I want to pass around as bindable
> public
> > variables, plus get and set functions.
> >
> > - As well as my regular Event Maps, I create a Model Event Map which
> has all
> > of the different injectors that put data into the various models
> >
> > - When I perform the login function in the AuthorisationManager, the
> CFC
> > returns me the details of the user who is logging in. I somehow call
> this
> > UserModel and put all the data into the model's variables.
> >
> > - In the UserManager, when I want to run the GetKeywords function,
for
> > example, I can call on the data stored in the model to get the
user's
> ID and
> > pass it to the service I'm calling.
> >
> > Is that right? If it is, I think I need some help making the
linkages
> > between them all. I won't bother posting any code until I find out
if
> I'm
> > barking up the wrong tree, though. :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Seona.
> >
> > 2009/4/15 Tim Hoff TimHoff@
> >
> > > Hi Seona,
> > >
> > > Let's start by taking a deep breath and don't freak out. Ok,
wheeew!

> > > Mate is a little different than typical MVC; in that it seperates
> the
> > > model into managers and presentation models (a manager holds data
> and a
> > > presentation model holds an instance of the needed data and
controls
> > > constituant views). Let me elaborate a little, in that these two
> > > factions of the model are also "smart" models; they don't just sit
> by
> > > and hold data., they can also manipulate data/state as well. Yes,
> both
> > > managers and presentation models are singletons; thus they
persist.
> If
> > > you place your user data in a userManager, then you can easily
> inject
> > > that data into whatever object you want, be it a view or a
> presentation
> > > model, via a map.
> > >
> > > I know that there aren't a lot of mate examples out there yet.
But,