From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of greg_lafrance
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: repeater binding

The Repeater executes once, and then you can't access it as you have.

I think you give the repeated components an id, like myTxt, and then outside
the repeater you refer to them as myTxt[0], myTxt[1].

See the FB 3 help sys for more info.

--- In flexcod...@yahoogro <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
"johndoematrix" <johndoemat...@...> wrote:

> hi am trying to bind a text component to a selected item in a repeater but
i get the following error

> Error: Repeater is not executing.
> at mx.core::Repeater/get currentItem()
> at custom_comps::home/creatednewzPopup()
> at custom_comps::home/___LinkButton1_click()
>
> this is the way am trying to bind it.
>
> "story.text = newz.currentItem.story;" newz being the id of the repeater.
i would like that when someone clicks on an item in the repeater, the text
component is bound to the repeaters selected item or for that matter
currentItem just like binding a list component to a text input using
selectedItem. thanks