From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of michaeljonknight
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:33 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] difference between stage and application?

Hello,

I am somewhat new to flex. We are working on a project that uses an exported
swc from Flash and running into some problems getting everything we want to
show up layered correctly.

I want to add a menu bar (mx.controls.MenuBar) on top of some content from the
flash swc (flash.display.Sprite). I can only get the menu bar to show up if I
call application.addChild and the sprite to show up if I call
application.stage.addChild. But the menu bar popups are behind the sprite.

I don't really understand the difference between the application and the stage
either. Can anyone help? And is there an established way to work with
mx.controls and flash.display.sprite data?

thanks in advance,
madmik3