Hi

I have been going through the sample posted by Lee Brimelow (
http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play?id=100 ) to demonstrate how to populate a list
with a custom application component with databinding.

Basically an array collection is populated and then a list is populated with a
set of HBoxes that are bound to the data in the collection.

Here is the code that I am using for the component:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
        <mx:Image width="50" height="50"
source="{data.user.profile_image_url}"/>
        <mx:Text width="100%" text="{data.text}"/>

</mx:HBox>

What I want to do is to add a function to allow the component to call a
function in the main application I tried adding a button with a click to the
function but it cannot access it.

How do I get the component to send information back to the application when the
button has been clicked?

Many thanks, Andrew