From: thomas parquier <mailingli...@web-attitude.fr>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:19:48 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Question regarding FLV protection

I don't use fms, but couldnt streaming flv through https or rtmps do the work ?
Or maybe a session based authorization ?

thomas
---
http://www.web- attitude. fr/
msn : thomas.parquier@ web-attitude. fr
softphone : sip:webattitude@ ekiga.net
téléphone portable : +33601 822 056

2009/5/4 Jon Oxtoby <j...@plstudios. com>

Hi,

We're currently using FMS 3.0 as a streaming solution in an effort to prevent
people stealing our FLV's, with limited success. The main issue we're running
into is people using stream downloading software which is basically creating a
new connection to FMS and downloading the stream. My question is - is it
possible to intercept the FLV stream coming into a Flex application before it
goes into the buffer and edit those bytes? Basically I'm looking at the
possibility of encrypting the FLV on the server and then decrypting it on the
fly as it streams into the Flex application. Does anyone know if this is
feasible or not, or if not, what about the idea of decrypting the data in the
buffer prior to it being accessed by the video player? I'm still semi-new to
the whole concept of streaming video and FLV playback so if this is a stupid
question please be gentle :).

Cheers

favourite sites. Download it now
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.