From: Merrill, Jason
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:55 PM
To: 'flexcoders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Unloading/stopping sounds from SWFLoader .swf

I'm having a problem getting sounds from .swfs (both AVM1 and AVM2) to
stop playing.  I am adding these .swfs (loaded with SWFLoader) onto a
Canvas in my Flex application.  The instance of my SWFLoader is
_swfLoader which I add as a child to the _demoCanvas Canvas.  Here is
what I have tried (my lame attempt at garbage collection):

private function hideScreenAnimation():void
{
        _swfLoader.removeEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onSwfLoaded);
        _swfLoader.removeEventListener(Event.UNLOAD, onSwfUnload);
        _swfLoader = null;
        removeChild(_demoCanvas);
        _demoCanvas = null;
        SoundMixer.stopAll();
}

I can't seem to locate any unload() method for SWFLoader instances or
SWFLoader.content.  SoundMixer.stopAll() seems to have no effect.
Again, these are both AVM1 and AVM2 .swfs which contain sounds.  I don't
have any control over the AVM1 files, they are produced by someone else
using another app (Captivate and Camtasia).  The AVM2 .swf is just a
simple .swf I made with Flash CS3 and contains a sound on the timeline.

Thanks, any help is appreciated. I've researched this enough with Google
and none of the suggestions I've found seem to work.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America  << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>
Global Learning
Shared Services Solutions Development

Monthly meetings on the Adobe Flash platform for rich media experiences
- join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community
<http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/tlc/flash/default.aspx>