The text color and text decoration can be set in CSS.  For buttonMode,
you can extend LinkButton and use the custom component:

package controls
{
      import mx.controls.LinkButton;

      public class MyLinkButton extends LinkButton
      {
           public function MyLinkButton()
           {
                super();

               this.buttonMode = true;
               this.focusEnabled = false;

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "chandruflex" <chandruf...@...>
wrote:

> I am trying to implement a HTML <a> tag like thing using the
LinkButton. When I move my mouse-cursor over the LinkButton, I see a
Blue colored rectangle. This is the value of the "themeColor" style of a
LinkButton. Setting the "themeColor" to a value that is the background
color of the container in which the LinkButton is placed, does not look
like a HTML <a> tag would.

> Anyhow, I came to know about the "rollOverColor" style of the
LinkButton. Setting its value to the background color of the container
in which the LinkButton resides, does not show a rectangle.

> Now, the only effort I have to put in is to set the "buttonMode"
property to "true", the "textDecoration" style to "underline", and the
"color" style to "#0000FF".

> Thank you Tom.
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton tom.chiverton@ wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 07 May 2009, chandruflex wrote:
> > > Is it possible to remove the "themeColor" style of a LinkButton?
> >
> > To what end ?
> >
> > --
> > Helping to vitalistically pursue services as part of the IT team of
the
> > year, '09 and '08
> >
> > Tom Chiverton
> > Developer
> > Tel: +44 0161 618 5032
> > Fax: +44 0161 618 5099
> > Tom.Chiverton@
> > 3 Hardman Square, Manchester, M3 3EB
> > www.Halliwells.com

> > This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
> >
> > Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered
office address is at Halliwells LLP, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields,
Manchester, M3 3EB. A list of members is available for inspection at the
registered office together with a list of those non members who are
referred to as partners. We use the word ?partner? to refer to a member
of the LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and
qualifications. Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

> > CONFIDENTIALITY
> >
> > This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above
and may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells LLP
or the addressee of its existence or contents. If you have received this
email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells LLP IT Department
on 0870 365 2500.