treeSlsHrchy.selectedItems.push( xmllistDescendants[i]); puts nothing in the
selectedItems array i.e. nodes are opened but nothing selected. Modified the
original example with this and it behaves the same. So the extra xml I added

<element eid="graham" id="6"/> replacing

<element eid="graham"/> is doing something I do not understand. Would it be OK
to post the code here? TIA,

Mic.