--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "nathanpdaniel" <ndan...@...> wrote:

> Yes - I am using a custom ItemRenderer.  Also of note (as per amy's
> suggestion) while Q2 DOES represent what is happening, all my data is bound
> to a model (I believe).  So, I am overriding the set data method/property
> already, and upon setting the data property, I'm updating my model which is
> updating my view (using Cairngorm on this project so - I'm sort of forced to
> do things "proper").
> Here's my itemRenderer code:

There is a lot of debate over whether Cairngorm is good practice at all, but it
sounds to me as if the way you're using it is _not_ proper.  ItemRenderers
shouldn't know anything about your model.  All they should do is display and/or
edit the data that is pushed into them, without knowing or caring how that data
fits into the larger picture.

HTH;

Amy