I'm encountering a strange problem which I can't reliably replicate. I have a
TextArea. During its lifetime, I set the htmlText property one time with a
string of HTML that includes an IMG tag. The text property never gets set.

Sometimes, when the TextArea is first displayed, I'll see that all of its HTML
is formatted properly for a few seconds, with various fonts, font styles,
sizes, colors, etc., and then suddenly it will re-render itself and all of the
text will be in a single font, size, color and style. Things like paragraph
breaks and bulleted lists are preserved, however.

The only styles that are getting set on this TextArea are paddingLeft and
paddingRight. Although I have an embedded font in the application, it's not
being set in any stylesheets, only through explicit setStyle calls, and only
where text needs to be rotated. So I don't think that has anything to do with
the issue.

I'm using Flex 3.1, whatever version that was current on 8/25/2008. As I
mentioned, this can't be reliably replicated. Sometimes it works correctly when
following the same path through the application, and sometimes it doesn't.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?