Mika,

thx, this is a very helpful one.

Today I ran into another one, I was trying to access the field
attribute of a validator inside the class, got an undefined all the
time. The docs states that the field propery is not to be set in
ActionScript, is it not accessable at all?

app.mxml:

<MyOwnValidator field="model.bla" />

inside of MyOwnValidator.as:

class MyOwnValidator extens mx.validators.EmailValidator
{
      public var myfield = ??? ;

Cheers
Kai

MK> Oops, this is the problem I was trying to answer to. Sorry folks about the

MK> Class MyDateValidator extends mx.validators.DateValidator
MK> {
MK>     public function validationError(errorCode:String,
MK> defaultMessage:String,subfield:String):Void
MK>     {
MK>        If (errorCode == “wrongLength”)
MK>          defaultMessage = yourTranslatedMessage;

MK>        super.validationError(errorCode, defaultMessage, subfield);
MK>     }
MK> }

MK> Only thing you need to do is catch the wrongLength error and re-write the
MK> error message yourself.

MK> -Mika

Best regards,
 Kai                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h6vcbsa/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124380306/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>