You can change acUsers to a getter/setter and do what you want in the
setter.  The default setter event is propertyChange, but you can change
that to whatever you want.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "lampei" <lam...@...> wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions? Seems like something everyone uses at
some point, so I figured someone would know...

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "lampei" lampei@ wrote:
> >
> > The problem:
> > I currently have a model that has properties bound to my view (a
datagrid populated from an arraycollection, call it myModel.acUsers).
The arraycollection is populated from a remote object call. However, if
I set listeners on that ArrayCollection, once the remote call returns
the data, and I set it to the arraycollection, the original listener I
had set on the arraycollection gets removed, correct?

> > In diving into the ListCollectionView, I saw that when the source
gets set, it fires the "listChanged" event, so I can do a
myModel.acUsers.source = ( event.results as ArrayCollection ).source and
the event fires, and my original listeners do not get removed. The
"listChanged" event is different than the ListEvent.CHANGE event though.
So 2 questions:
> > 1) Is this the best way to do this (I always have trouble listening
for events on arraycollections when returning the values from remote
calls so I can perform an action once the data is returned)
> > 2) Is there a specific event set up for "listChanged" (such as
ListEvent.LIST_CHANGED) or do I just need to continue listening for it
like myModel.acUsers.addEventListener( "listChanged", handleListChanged
) ?