From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of timgerr
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 11:40 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Getting an error when using a tree as a component

OK, Here is what I did. I wanted to know if there was a problem with my code
or was it the tree stuff. I went to Adobe Live Docs to get a tree example
(http://livedocs.
<http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/html/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.h
tm?context=LiveDocs_Book_Parts&file=dragdrop_081_06.html>
adobe.com/flex/201/html/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDo
cs_Book_Parts&file=dragdrop_081_06.html). I took this code and created a
Canvas Component from it. I then created an app and called the code from it.

I then called the app and when I click on any of the items in the tree I get
this error:
ArgumentError: Error #2025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of
the caller.
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/getChildIndex()
at
mx.managers::SystemManager/getChildIndex()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\pro
jects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:1652]
at
mx.managers::SystemManager/mouseDownHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\
projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:3439]

Here is the code that I used for the component CallTree.mxml:

[CODE]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- dragdrop\SimpleTreeSelf.mxml -->
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe. <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml>
com/2006/mxml"
width="700" height="250"
borderStyle="solid">

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
// Initialize the data provider for the Tree.
private function initApp():void {
firstList.dataProvider = treeDP;
}
]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:XML id="treeDP">
<node label="Mail">
<node label="Inbox"/>
<node label="Personal Folder">
<node label="Demo"/>
<node label="Personal"/>
<node label="Saved Mail"/>
<node label="bar"/>
</node>
<node label="Calendar"/>
<node label="Sent"/>
<node label="Trash"/>
</node>
</mx:XML>

<mx:Tree id="firstList"
height="200" width="200"
showRoot="false"
labelField="@label"
dragEnabled="true"
dropEnabled="true"
dragMoveEnabled="true"
allowMultipleSelection="true"
creationComplete="initApp();"/>
</mx:Application>
[/CODE]

Here is the application that is calling CallTree.mxml
[CODE]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe. <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml>
com/2006/mxml"