I have a view that I would like to change state when a field in my model
changes values.  Up until now I've been using data binding to link my view and
model.  It seems like my current situation I will have to dispatch an event
from the model and have the view watch it.

In the model:
A username string that changes occasionally and is sometimes null.

In the view:
A List - should become unselected if the username becomes null.
A State - should change when the username changes values.

Do I need to register an event handler in my view?  Can I do this somehow
through data binding?  Or is there another way?

ascii