Has anybody here ever tried to print PDF417 barcodes in Flex?  It's
far more than a simple embed-the-font kind of thing, as you need a
proper encoder to encode the data before printing it in the PDF417 font.

I can buy the font, no problem.  But the encoder is what's getting me
-- closest encoder I can buy is a Java Servlet, and I have no idea
if/how that can be integrated into a Flex app.  Does anyone know if
that's possible?

Of course, the best solution would be the source code for a proper
encoder in ActionScript, I suppose.  Does anyone have that?  Or know
where I can get it?

Thanks,

Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA