By the way, why is the sort different from ICollectionView?  This makes this
confusing because all my items duplicate... etc.

private function sortDataField(value:String):void
                        {

                                //var hd:IHierarchicalCollectionView  =
IHierarchicalCollectionView(adg.dataProvider);

                                var hd:IHierarchicalCollectionView
=adg.dataProvider as IHierarchicalCollectionView;
                                var sort:Sort                           =
new Sort();
                                sort.fields
=       [new SortField("id")];
                                hd.sort