You wouldn't embed the SWF if you are loading it using StyleManager.  The
Stylemanager makes an HTTP request for the compiled CSS file.

Here's an example of something that I did recently:

var o:Object = Application.application.parameters;

if( o.hasOwnProperty('sessionid') )

     Model.instance.sessionID = o.sessionid;

if( o.hasOwnProperty('site_id') )

     Model.instance.site_id = o.site_id;

if( o.hasOwnProperty('config') )

{

     Model.instance.configFile = o.config + ".xml";

     Model.instance.styleDeclarations = o.config + ".swf";

}

if( Model.instance.styleDeclarations )

StyleManager.loadStyleDeclarations("path_to_your_compiled_css_swf"+Model.ins
tance.styleDeclarations,true,true);

I load a config parameter in from FlashVars and based on that I load styles.

In order to compile the css to a SWF, just right click on it and select that
option.

Jake Churchill
CF Webtools
11204 Davenport, Ste. 100