At 11:58 PM 5/21/2009, you wrote:

>Do not use editable="true" for the custom renderer column, and do
>not use renderer is editor.

If I don't do that, then no one can edit anything...  Or that's what
appears to happen.  And if rendererIsEditor isn't set, then the
changes never get saved.  (Or, more accurately, I have no idea how to
save them, since I can't access the combo box anywhere outside the
custom ItemRenderer).

>Handle the updating of the dataProvider Item yourself in your renderer.

How, exactly?  I can't pass parameters into or out of the
renderer.  Or, more accurately, I have no idea how to pass parameters
into and out of the renderer.

>You must make sure that happens somehow (updating the data
>provider).  You cannot access the comboBox itself, you can only
>access the dataProvider.

 From inside the Renderer, I can access the dataProvider?  I swear I
tried that once already, and it didn't work.  I'll see if I can do that again.

>This is probably why your display is having a problem when you scroll.

No problems when scrolling, that I've noticed (but maybe I haven't
added enough items to cause a problem -- I'll have to try that.   The
problem occurs when I delete an item from the ArrayCollection that's
acting as the DataProvider.

>**All interactive itemRenderers must update the dataProvider when
>changed and must override the set data function to use the
>dataProvider item to set the renderers state****

Got no idea what you mean by that.  Which, I'm guessing, might be at
the root of my problem here?

>Do not attempt write an interactive itemRenderer from scratch.  Find
>one and modify it for you own use.

I did do a search, to see if anyone has written something like this
in the past.  But I couldn't find anything close.  I need two
always-un-editable columns, and one column that allows some records
to be edited and not others.  I figured a custom ItemRenderer
ComboBox with Enabled turned on or off as needed would suffice.  But
I guess it's far more complicated than just that?  Why doesn't the
documentation on custom ItemRenderers mention this?  I'm terribly confused now.

Can anyone help un-confuse me?  :-)
Thanks,
Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA