     </mx:VBox>
</mx:Application>

[ CustomComponent.mxml ]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
     <mx:Script>
         <![CDATA[
             import mx.core.Application;

             private function createNewCustomComponent():void
             {
                 var newCustomComponent:CustomComponent = new
CustomComponent();
                 Application.application.addChild(newCustomComponent);
             }
         ]]>
     </mx:Script>
     <mx:HBox x="10" y="10">
         <mx:Button id="myButton" label="Create New"
click="createNewCustomComponent()"/>
         <mx:Label text="CustomComponent"/>
     </mx:HBox>
</mx:Canvas>