Von: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com im Auftrag von Scott Barnes
Gesendet: Fr 19.08.2005 16:45
An: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Query Cleansing

On 8/19/05, Dirk Eismann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry, but i don't get what you're doing in your CFC - why do you instantiate
> the com.inco.finance.ITW.Invoice component? You're not using it afterwards,
> do you?

oops disregard, left over code chunk (sleep deprived).

> Also, passing back a CF Array of ASObject instances maps to an AS Array of
> typed AS classes so I don't know why you still need this extra work.

Not entirely true (well from what i've seen so far heh and did i
mention sleep deprived?). It maps to a plain object, one thats not
type specific

eg:
inside the InvoiceVO lets say there is a function like this:

function get label() : String
{
mx.core.Application.alert("I'm properly defined");
return invoiceid;
}

Then I were to return an Array of ASObjects via coldfusion and tried
this without final cleansing.

var tmpLabel = event.result[0].label; // Nothing would happen and in
this case, undefined.

Then if i were to do this:

var tmpVO : InvoiceVO = event.result[0];
var tmpLabel = tmpVO.label;

It works? (i'm too tired to figure out why or how but it does).

Now granted, further in the application if i were to then pass each
indx of that array into other object.methods it would effectively
match up the vo to that one stated via cfmx

eg:

view.getInvoiceAt(indx:Number) : InvoiceVO {
return view.dataprovider[indx];
}

> Dirk.

Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.mossyblog.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12he3feoo/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124484540/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>