From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ciminop
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:14 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] HTTPService HTTPChannel 2032 Channel.Ping.Failed trying
to do asimple form post

I must be missing something since I'm trying to do something fairly basic. It
really can't be this difficult, can it? I'm trying to use the HTTPService to
post to a form. No web services. And I even put a crossdomain.xml policy file
on the server for good measure.

First I got the dreaded 2032 Stream error, and after some digging saw that the
FaultEvent was complaining that no channels were set. So I added a ChannelSet,
now I'm getting a ping failure?

Here is a sample of my service:

<mx:HTTPService id="connectPG"
  result="resulthandler(event)" fault="fault_handler(event)"
  resultFormat="text" showBusyCursor="true"
  url="urlInput.text"
  useProxy="true" method="POST">
    <mx:channelSet>
      <mx:ChannelSet id="pGChannelSet">
        <mx:HTTPChannel id="pGChannel" pollingEnabled="false">
          <mx:url>
            {urlInput.text}
          </mx:url>
        </mx:HTTPChannel>
      </mx:ChannelSet>
    </mx:channelSet>
    <mx:request xmlns="">
      <username>{userName.text}</username>
      <password>{userPW.text}</password>
    </mx:request>
</mx:HTTPService>

And when I call the send() method, the fault_handler() reports :

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed"
faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend" faultDetail="Channel.Ping.Failed error
url: 'http://www.<<my_test_domain>>.com/beta/db_access.html''"]
messageId="5BF9E4BD-0CED-145E-B224-8A20D0E36345" type="fault" bubbles=false
cancelable=true eventPhase=2]