Primarily because I cannot seem to understand the CF Root Folder / Webroot /
Root URL   for a non-localhost setup (ie //DevServer/ColdFusion8/wwwroot
along with http://testingIP:8500/projname???????)   I have taken to using
the endpoint property in RemoteObject as follows:

        <mx:RemoteObject destination="ColdFusion"
            source="test.cfcs.QuoteService"
                endpoint="http://174.1.159.113:8500/flex2gateway/";
                method="getQuote"
                arguments="{event.symbol}">

What is the downside of this???  I assume if the CF-Flex settings are set
"properly" then flex uses those to set the "endpoint" so in theory the
benefit would be not having to enter endpoint in each time (in which case I
actually prefer the verbiosity of the above method) but is there any other
reason/benefit to either not using the endpoint OR to setting up the CF-Flex
link??