I'm just developing personal hobby type stuff at this point.   No paying
customers or production work (at least until what I'm working on is far
enough along to demo).

So, I'm thinking, let me know if any of y'all disagree, that there is no
reason that I should not make the jump to FB 4 and just leave Flex 3 behind
for good.

I'm just feeling a little dismayed in that there are still a bunch of Flex 3
books that I was planning to read and now it looks like there are some
fundamental shifts in the flex/flash builder approach to things.  But such
is the price of progress I guess.  For the transition comfort zone, can I
develop in FB4 as if it were Flex Builder 3 and then add specific FB4 things
as I learn them?  I guess that would have to work, right?  (Otherwise, it
would break Flex Builder 3 projects).

Can I run 2 versions of eclipse on the same machine (full Flex 3, and full
FB 4) both with their own java and subversive plugins?

And, its also my understanding that I lose NOTHING by using the plugin (into
an existing eclipse) vs the full install, correct?

Will the FB4 plugin work just fine with a Ganymede 3.4 JEE Birt package?
How about 3.4.1?

brad