One other thing that you could try would be to create the TextArea
dynamically each time with AS, set the styleName, set the text and
addChild().  You would have to removeChild() each time as well.  Not
sure if this would solve your problem, but maybe it's worth a try.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <timh...@...> wrote:

> That's all that I have Toby. Maybe someone else would like to jump in.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "tphipps" toby.phipps@ wrote:
> >
> > Tim,
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed reply. Unfortunately, this only fixes half
the
> problem... With your recommended changes in place, the size of the
> TextArea now restores after a brief flicker, but the HTML formatting
of
> the content is still lost.
> >
> > Even if I reassign the HTML text to the TextArea inside your
> updateTextSize function so it happens after the font change is
complete,
> only the raw text appears, and the formatting (even non-font-dependent
> formatting such as <br/>, <li> etc.) is lost. I read and appreciate
your
> point about the bold face text requiring an embedded bold font, but
even
> the non font-dependent formatting (as above) is lost.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to restore the formatting after the font change?
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Toby
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" TimHoff@ wrote:
> > >

> > > I'll let the engineers let you know why this is happening. But,
you
> can
> > > get it to work with the following steps (hack):
> > >
> > > 1) Remove height="200" from the test Text control.
> > >
> > > 2) Add this function:
> > >
> > > private function updateTextSize():void
> > > {
> > > test.invalidateSize();
> > > }
> > >
> > > 3) On the ComboBox change event, execute
callLater(updateTextSize);