Ha, yeah if it works you get extra points. :) I tried using the chart's
itemRollOver event, but ran into a snafu trying to drill down and change
the fill of the BoxItemRenderer.  It seems to have a getStyle method,
but no setStyle().  Got past that, but the stroke style got me.  Would
probably be best to extend the Chart and handle the item roll-over
there; with styles.  Someone else can do that though.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "gmoniey22" <gmonie...@...> wrote:

> I wasn't aware that you could do it through css. I like that solution
better than mine (particularly because it works).

<http://www.timothyhoff.com/projects/ChartLabeledRendererSample/ChartLab\
\
> > eledRendererSample.html>
> >
> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "gmoniey22" <gmoniey22@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to change the fill color of 1 column when the mouse
is
> > over it? I can't seem to figure it out I have something along these
> > lines:
> > >
> > > <mx:SolidColor id="barColor" color="0x00FF00"/>
> > > <mx:SolidColor id="hoverBarColor" color="0xFF0000"/>
> > >
> > > <mx:ColumnChart id="chart" type="overlaid"
> > itemRollOver="updateHoverColor(event)"
itemRollOut="updateColor(event)">
> > > <mx:horizontalAxis>
> > > <mx:CategoryAxis categoryField="range"/>
> > > </mx:horizontalAxis>
> > >
> > > <mx:series>
> > > <mx:ColumnSeries id="series" xField="range" yField="value"
> > fill="{barColor}"/>
> > > </mx:series>
> > > </mx:ColumnChart>
> > >

> > > And my hover function looks like:
> > >
> > > private function updateHoverColor(event:ChartItemEvent):void {
> > > var col:ColumnSeriesItem =
ColumnSeriesItem(event.hitData.chartItem);