Hi. Thanks for your response.
After some more troubleshooting the problem is the following:

the URL is returned correctly by the following code:

import mx.managers.BrowserManager;
import mx.managers.IBrowserManager;
import mx.utils.URLUtil;
import mx.utils.ObjectUtil;

private var bman:IBrowserManager;
private var url1:String;

bman = BrowserManager.getInstance();
bman.init();
url1 = URLUtil.getServerNameWithPort(bman.url);
trace(url1);

but then I do this:

if (true) {
var u:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url1);
navigateToURL(u,"_self");
}

Basically I want to reload the original URL on certain conditions.

This time when the page loads the bman instance is null.
So the URLRequest object does not contain the information that
BrowserManager needs.
Would this be to do with the request headers...?

How can I solve this...?

Thanks

Kr.
Luke Vanderfluit