1 - as far as I know, it doesn't care what app it is.  if you're subscribed to
that data service, that's all that matters.

2 - yes.  I get to go back to the drawing board on about 40% of my app because
I just learned how to use the data service...and everything so far is
remoteobjects.  but it's going to make life SOOOO much easier.

3 - here is a great tutorial:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/data_app.html