First off thanks for your reply,

1. The corresonding object on the .NET side is a Dictionnary (which is the
equivalent of the Object in AS3 I believe). So the properties are not typed.

2. I can't send a string and explicitly cast it to a float because the object i
am sending is dynamic (this is why we use the generic Object in AS3). It will
have an unknown numer of properties of various types.

I could setup a mechanisme whereby i send the type of the property with the
value and then parse the object on the .net side and cast each property to it's
specific type.
But that seems very heavy for this simple problem.

I would have excpected weborb to be able to make the difference between an
intger and a float in a dynamic object comming from Flex.