I just find out the bug related to the flex ant tasks for referencing a embed
assets in the project.
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-16991
But, it is related to Linux.

In my case, all the embedded assets reference in MXML or css file could not
locate the assets inside the embedded assets.

For eg,.
Asset references inside action script:
backgroundImage="@Embed(source='embed_assets/ChipsSkins.swf#Chip_activeBlueBackground')"

whereas the actual Embed asset folder:
C:\proj\ProjectNAMe\src\embed_assets

As usual, I have added the source path to the ant task.

The small work around that  I got is to add the back slash at the beginning
i.e.
backgroundImage="@Embed(source='/embed_assets/ChipsSkins.swf#Chip_activeBlueBackground')"

It should start picking up from the source path. (No errors for this part)

But I don't want to change the hundreds references in different files.
As well as, by changing the path like that in the CSS file, it shows an error.

Please advice!

Rishi