Sorry for the provocative message title.  The contents of the group, and the
people who are exchanging information, are fine.

Yahoo Groups aren't very good.  Information is organized poorly, and Search
doesn't work.  I searched for a message I sent last week and it wasn't found.
Searching for my name turns up some messages I sent several months ago but no
recent ones.

Google Groups work much better than Yahoo Groups.  Information is easier to
find, and search works.  I wish this group were hosted on Google instead of
Yahoo.