Not sure I understood the problem, but the first thing to know about
sub-modules is that by default they load into sibling applicationdomains.  This
is due to the way applicationdomains work.  You can look at the diagrams in the
modules presentation on my blog to help visualize it.

The main Flex app almost always has ModuleManager in it to support CSS and
Resource Modules.  When you load a module, the main app's appDom is the parent
and the module gets loaded as a child of that appdom.  That's what we want,
right?  But the problem is that when that module tries to load a sub-module, it
is going to use the main apps' ModuleManager and thus the sub-module loads as a
child of the main app's appdom and not the module's appdom and then sub-module
can't see the module's classes.  I'm guessing that's your problem.

The solution is to explicitly set the applicationDomain parameter when loading
the sub-module.  But even that can be tricky because when you say "new
ApplicationDomain(ApplicationDomain.currentDomain)" if that code is in a class
loaded in the main app's appdom, currentDomain is the main app's appdom.   So
be sure the code that calls load is in the module and nowhere else.

Maybe that'll help.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.<http://www.adobe.com/>