That can't be right. Have you seen the Flex Dashboard app at
http://examples.adobe.com/flex3/devnet/dashboard/main.html ? If you minimize
all the panels except the pie chart panel, you will note the pie chart gets
much larger than 400x400 and piechart is derived from chartbase.

You should probably download the source from there and see how they do it.

HTH

Steve