Are you setting the person's credentials in your Remote Object using
setRemoteCredentials()?  Sounds like you might not be.

________________________________
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Scott
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:16 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Adobe Air app losing connection to DB

This is another weird one.

I'm struggling with session management in Air and Coldfusion.

I've got Coldfusion session variables set to:

Use J2EE vars Unchecked
Enable app vars checked   enable session vars enabled

MAX timeout:
Application vars: 2 days  0 hours  0 minutes  0 secs
Session vars:      2 days  0 hours  0 minutes  0 secs

Default timeout:
App vars:          2 days 0 hours 0 mins 0 secs
Sess vars:        0 days 0 hours 59 mins 0 secs

I log in the user and use roles to manage access in the CFC on the server.

If I let my app sit open for around 3-5 mins then try clicking on something
that causes a query against the server I get the following message:

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
  content = (null)
  errorID = 0
  faultCode = "Server.Processing"
  faultDetail = ""
  faultString = "Unable to invoke CFC - The current user is not authorized to
invoke this method."
  message = "faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'Unable to invoke CFC -
The current user is not authorized to invoke this method.' faultDetail:''"
  name = "Error"
  rootCause = (null)

I shouldn't be losing a session within 5 mins...

Anyone else seen this or know a good way to manage an active session?