Probably not. In ActionScript, you would add an event listener. For a remote
object it is...

theRemoteObject.theOperation.removeEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT,
firstResultHandler)

theRemoteObject.theOperation.addEventListener(ResultEvent.RESULT,
secondResultHandler)

I would think it would be the same for a web service although I have not tried
it.