Browsers don't allow fragments such as "#anchor" to be appended to file:
URLs, as they do for http: URLs.  The workaround for your scenario is to
have Flex Builder compile the SWF into a directory where an HTTP server
can find it.

For example, suppose you are on a Mac; /Users/johndoe/Sites can be
accessed from a web browser as http://localhost/~johndoe, if you have
enabled that via System Preferences, Sharing, Web Sharing.  So, in Flex
Builder, you could go to the Project Properties, Flex Build Path, and
set the "Output folder" to /Users/johndoe/Sites/myproj, and the "Output
folder URL" to http://localhost/~johndoe/myproj.  Once you do that, your
launch URL should automatically change to the right thing; you can then
modify it and append #anchor.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" <valdhorli...@...> wrote:

> I need to debug deep linking in my project (When a user pastes a URL
in the browser and presses Go). If I just paste the URL, the browser is
not connected to the debugger. So, I need to be able to add the
fragments to the debug URL in Flex Builder. I thought I could just do
that in the "Run/Debug Settings" panel but if I do that I get a file not
found error.

> I need to know how to force the debugger to connect to the browser OR
how to add fragments to the URL in Flex Builder so the debugger starts
with the right fragments.