You could go with a full flex site that support SEO. We did it with our site
at Codeoscopic:

http://www.codeoscopic.com

but we as well use html to get the SEO capabilities, so you get the best of
both worlds ;)

for example try to search for "codeoscopic avant" and you get something like
:

http://www.google.es/search?q=codeoscopic+avant&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&client=firefox-a

you can see the web in other devices not flash enabled like iPhone

C.