From: Tracy Spratt <tr...@nts3rd.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 26 August, 2009 12:53:31
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex Function and Web Service ResultHandler Question

You will have to initiate your “further
operations” from the result
handler.  There is no other way.

Tracy Spratt,
Lariat Services, development services
available

________________________________

From:flexcod...@yahoogro ups.com [mailto: flexcod...@yahoogro ups.com ] On
Behalf Of Angelo Anolin
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009
9:54 PM
To: flexcod...@yahoogro ups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex
Function and Web Service ResultHandler Question

Hi FlexCoders,

Needing your input on the following:

I have created a function for the dragevent of a
list.

Code is as follows:

private function myFunction(evt: DragEvent) :void
{
 var nameID:String = 'Angelo';

 // Call a webservice operation here
 ws.GetStatus( nameID);

 Alert.show(String( _xmlGetStatus) , 'myFunction' );

 // I need to use the _xmlGetStatus here...
 // But the _xmlGetStatus is NULL?
 // Although in the Result Handler, it is not NULL.
}

private function getStatusResultHand ler(event: ResultEvent)
:void
{
 _xmlGetStatus = XML(event.result) ;
 Alert.show(String( _xmlGetStatus) , 'getStatusResultHan dler');
}

The result handler for the GetStatus web service
operation populates an XML variable which I declared on top of the script (i.e.
private var _xmlGetStatus: XML;).

When I run my application, myFunction executes but
the alert that is shown first is the one in the function myFunction, instead of
the one in the result handler.

I need to use the values in the XML variable
_xmlGetStatus for further operations in function myFunction, but then the value
is not populated right away.

Any way to handle this?

Thanks and regards,
Angelo